NP203 Problems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2001, 02:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default NP203 Problems

I recently bought a 79 Blazer that had a blown front tranny seal. Therefore I was unable to drive it to test everything. I know the guy and took his word that the transfer case was in good working order. I pulled the tranny and transfer case and put it all back together. Now it seems all I have is 4lo and it will sometimes kick out of that. Is just the shift linkage on the transfer case is out of whack. I did have it off the transfer case and such or is the case fried? Any help greatly appreciated.

79 Chevy Blazer
LT1
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2001, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast

ChristianOffroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NP203 Problems

Sounds like the linkage is either not installed right, or WAY out of adjustment. Make sure the linkage is moving correctly.

Member of the Christian Off-Road Association.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-24-2001, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast

ChristianOffroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the linkage is either not installed right, or WAY out of adjustment. Make sure the linkage is moving correctly.

Member of the Christian Off-Road Association.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

with the 203, disconnect the linkage from t-case end and place shifter in N. There is a hole that will line up and go all the way through when in N just right. Sticka drill bit through this hole and then reconnect the linkages adjusting the ends as necessary. Take the transmission hump out of cab for easier access from top. Good luck.

Index of pics
Old 11-25-2001, 11:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ditto on the linkage and adjustment methods. Its really pretty easy. These TOUGH cases and I'm sure it is OK. They are the strongest case ever used, but they are heavy. We converted the 203 to part-time in the 77 Blazer and we have been very happy with the truck.

85 CJ7, Chevy LT-1 V-8, 700R4, NP208, 4 1/2 lift RS 9000's, BFGTA 33's
77 Chevy K5 Balzer, 350, 350THD, NP 203, 6 " lift, 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement