Convertible suburban? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2001, 03:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Convertible suburban?

I have been inspired by the new Chev Avalanche.
It looks to me like a Suburban with the back cut off!

I have a an urge to give "the barn" a new profile before I paint it.

Has anyone seen a Suburban converted to a convertible?
Are there kits, or is this new, or perhaps simply to silly?
Please send me any info, if you have any.

Any comments are welcome.

1989 Suburban, stock, 285/16 Bridgestone Dueler MT, Bushwhacker cutout flares, love the mud
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-554727-barn5.jpg (40.1 KB, 11 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2001, 04:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

u4ia4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Convertible suburban?

I"ve enver seen a burn with the convertible done, but i did do it ocne to a 79 LeMaans station wagon. i had plans of just cutting the roof supports off of it and having a total topless, but my old man said it was a bad plan as he had done that back in the day and it cut out too much of the structural integrity. i would recomend agains doing this...especially on a vehcle that sees the dirt.
what i did, was cut just the roof off....leaving all ov the cross supports of the roof in place and also all of the windows, and pillars. this worked out well for me and i made a sopft top out of vynil and a screen top for camping. it looked about as cool as it could for a station wagon. when my buddy sold it he got 3X KBB value for it becasue it looked cool.
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-2001, 05:57 PM
Veteran

REBEL_WITH_A_4X4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out the last couple of months of Fourwheeler mag.(the ones with TTC in it. That big green burb might give you an idea.

Old 10-01-2001, 06:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I saw a Range Rover with a leather convertable top that would go back with the press of a button in Aspen. They said that it was all custom, don't know if there is a kit for it or not.

My Truck-purchased 9/29/01
1994 GMC Yukon 2dr 4x4
5.7L v8
BFGoodrich All-Terrain
Custom Seats/Console
Old 10-02-2001, 11:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can't find an image of one. Do you have a URL. There is a cool ragtop on a 2 door blazer?

1989 Suburban, stock, 285/16 Bridgestone Dueler MT, Bushwhacker cutout flares, love the mud
Old 10-02-2001, 11:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cool idea,
Perhaps I will try that first.
I can always keep going if I want something more extreme later. I just think the "4-door topless blazer" look would be really cool.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Stranger

SuburbanTank is on a distinguished road

i'm gonna cut my suburban,any idea what the measurements are on a stock k5 top?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:39 AM

Shorts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanTank View Post
i'm gonna cut my suburban,any idea what the measurements are on a stock k5 top?

I think the way I'd go about adding a flip top is to get the top first. Take direct measurements from the piece that will be filling in.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The_Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

i think the best and easiest way would be to get convertible blazer. and put the burbon running gear in it.

even with the measuarments its gona be a twist of fate if you can cut the burban top off then fab the mounting points the blazer top bolts to and have it all line up fit together. i dont see it ever havn a top go back on it if you cut it off. thats coolt to. that would give you all kinds off room to build rollcage for family and then maybe do some kinda ragtop buttoned to rolcage tubing

you could fab the rolcage right into the windsheild supports theres all kinds of roads you could take from that point. and i feel those are all easier than makn the blazer top bolt to a suburban

good luck
Old 06-03-2009, 01:15 PM

haglersp is on a distinguished road

if you like the avalanche look you should check out this guy's burb.
THE STORM TROOPER!! 1984 suburban - los alamos, New Mexico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.