JB Weld on Exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2001, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default JB Weld on Exhaust

Has anyone put JB Weld on an Exhaust leak? I have a crack, need to take the truck to work tomorrow, but want to not be driven nuts. Will it fly until I can get it to a shop?

Rhino

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2001, 02:46 PM
Mud in my Veins

AJMBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JB Weld on Exhaust

I've heard of people doing it with success, but don't base your decision solely on my words.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16 AT's[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2001, 03:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The_Sandman_454 is an unknown quantity at this point

<font face="Comic Sans MS">What part of your exhaust is it on? A MIG welder or torch and brazing rod might be better depending upon where on the exhaust it is. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] </font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column
Old 06-10-2001, 08:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

u4ia4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done it with mixed results. it worked great on my old ranger a long ways away from the engine. i used it on a jeep wrangler and it burt, and smelled like the most foul;d rotten fish mixed with fecal matter from a 23yr old goat all mixed up in some sort of a chemoical docomposition goo. it smelled nasty. check your parts store for smomesort of high heat epoxy. usually sits right on the counter when you check out
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
Old 06-10-2001, 11:05 PM
Pooh-Bah

KevinOfCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW
"...smelled like the most foul;d rotten fish mixed with fecal matter from a 23yr old goat all mixed up in some sort of a chemoical docomposition goo.." Now thats rotten if I've ever heard of rotten.

Old 06-11-2001, 01:33 PM
mudracer

I tried it as an experiment. Did not work out. I had a cracked exhaust manifold on an old 283. If the crack is not close to the head, it might work better. It did not hold up to the heat, but works great on other things.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
'80 CJ-7 BBC, 1 ton
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange> (for sale)
Old 06-11-2001, 10:33 PM
Mud in my Veins

AJMBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point

Rhino, I just got my POR 15 catalauge today, and they have some stuff in there you might be interested in. Go to http://www.POR15.com and look for the stuff called <font color=red>Fire Seal 2000</font color=red>. Sounds exactly like what you want.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16 AT's[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2001, 11:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well guys, I broke down, bought a Miller 150 MIG welder, and did it myself. I've been wanting a MIG for quite some time, to do my own fab work, as well as little stuff like skid plates and exhaust. Also works well for Bike frames, etc. I know it sounds overboard, but it'll pay for itself in no time. BTW, I also bought a "pony tank" with sheilding gas. Thanks for the advice!!]

Rhino

Old 06-12-2001, 04:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey AJM,
I went to POR-15 website and got that catalog too. They have a lot of stuff! And if the other stuff works like the POR-15, well that would just be dam* cool.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] We should start a post to relay information on the other products that they have. And so people who use them could tell other people how they worked. Anyway, just bs'in.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement