35" tire Gear Ratios/ MPG - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2001, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 35\" tire Gear Ratios/ MPG

I think I am going to go with 35" SSR's on My K5. My question is what gear ratios should I have for 35s. Or do think one of those bolt on Underdrives would be better, and then just put the gear ratio that would give me the best MPG in the axle? What kind of MPG would I get with 35's, and 700r4, 208 T-case, and a throttlebodie 350 with bolt ons like a K&N filter and MSD Ignition? One last question. I think I want beefier axles than the stock 10 bolts, what would be some good replacements that wont cost me an arm and a leg from a salvage yard. Thanks for all of the help.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2001, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: 35\" tire Gear Ratios/ MPG

4.56's in the rears and go with the 14 bolt out back

Kevin

Now I know how junkyards get started
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-06-2001, 05:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you're new gears will depend on what you have for gears now there is a formula on the tips part of this site. as far as axles you could upgrade you're current axles if you're doin gears putin locker upgrade you're shafts and you're 10 bolts should hold up to 35's . if you do want to upgrade to bigger axles i've had good luck with buying old beat up blown up 3/4 or 1 ton trucks for short money cleaning up the axles and running them

Old 06-06-2001, 05:49 PM
Pooh-Bah

Scoobydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll second the 4.56's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
They will work perfect for you! out of the hole they will Kick A$$.
AND you will be able to use your "overdrive" on the freeway, "The Best of Both worlds" !!!

As far as mileage so many things factor into to that, driving habits, freeway vs city, big huge right foot syndrome[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] It would be impossible to tell you

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Old 06-06-2001, 06:03 PM
Veteran

RyanB is an unknown quantity at this point

I second that Scooby. For 35's 4:56's work best for auto's and for a 4-speed or a 5-speed maual 4:10's are what you want.

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
Old 06-07-2001, 01:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the help. I think some of you thought I was talking about an overdrive though. What I was talking about was this thing that goes in between the trans and the T-case. It is like a gear reduction thing. you can engage it in anygear and it lowers the gear ratios. 4Wheel&Off-Road put one on there ford super duty that had 40s or 42s on it. I gues it is like a transfer case doubler but it isn't the same thing. I lost the magazine so I cant scan it in. Thanks again for all of the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement