Off Roading Forums banner

K10 Rock Guards?

878 views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
just wondering if anyone ever some built for your K10. i was thinking of having some built that weld to the bottom of the frame (since the gas tanks sit level witht the bottom of the frame) then come out away from the truck underneath the gas tank to act as a gas tank/rock guard? you would loose some ground clearence but then you are protecting the gas tank also. Or could i get a fuel cell in the rear and get rid of the saddle tanks and mount them like All Pro Rock Guards?

Thanks

See less See more
G
#2 ·
I'm working on building my own set for my 79K10. I wanted to keep my tanks in their stock location, so that I may use the bed for the storage of my spare parts, tools, spare tire, etc, etc. I originally bought a Jaz fuel cell to mount in the bed, but since I have a shortbed room is at a premium.

I came up with a design that mounts to the flange on the bottom of the cab, but does not bolt to the bed, since they need to move independently of each other. The other side of the bars attach to the frame with bushings to allow for some movement since the pickup frames are longer and flexier than K5 frames. They will also include a skidplate to protect the tank. There is a slight loss of ground clearance but the peace of mind that I wont crush a tank and protecting the body is well worth it. On another note the guards also give you a place to step up onto when retrieving items from the bed, better than standing on a wet tire. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

KJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.