K10 Rock Guards? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2001, 11:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default K10 Rock Guards?

just wondering if anyone ever some built for your K10. i was thinking of having some built that weld to the bottom of the frame (since the gas tanks sit level witht the bottom of the frame) then come out away from the truck underneath the gas tank to act as a gas tank/rock guard? you would loose some ground clearence but then you are protecting the gas tank also. Or could i get a fuel cell in the rear and get rid of the saddle tanks and mount them like All Pro Rock Guards?

Thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2001, 12:37 PM
kona_joe

Default Re: K10 Rock Guards?

I'm working on building my own set for my 79K10. I wanted to keep my tanks in their stock location, so that I may use the bed for the storage of my spare parts, tools, spare tire, etc, etc. I originally bought a Jaz fuel cell to mount in the bed, but since I have a shortbed room is at a premium.

I came up with a design that mounts to the flange on the bottom of the cab, but does not bolt to the bed, since they need to move independently of each other. The other side of the bars attach to the frame with bushings to allow for some movement since the pickup frames are longer and flexier than K5 frames. They will also include a skidplate to protect the tank. There is a slight loss of ground clearance but the peace of mind that I wont crush a tank and protecting the body is well worth it. On another note the guards also give you a place to step up onto when retrieving items from the bed, better than standing on a wet tire. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

KJ

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-2001, 05:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: K10 Rock Guards?

awesome; when you get done can you take some pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.