96 5.7 350 VORTEC POWER - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2001, 06:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 96 5.7 350 VORTEC POWER

What are the best ways to get more power (mainly torque) out of a 96 5.7 liter vortec that is currently stock. I don't have to much cash but i like to dream so tell me it all.

<font color=red>catch you on the flip side
BadBowtie</font color=red>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2001, 09:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: 96 5.7 350 VORTEC POWER

a good cheap start would be a throttle body spacer and a drop in k&n, a good cheap start, i've got a hypertech power progammer III never used i'd sell for 250, they retail for 330, lots of power potential from one of these babies. let me know if your interested, good luck marc

88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit
lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,
leather seats & lots more.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-2001, 11:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not sure about a '96, but I have a '98 5.7 and I've added a Jacobs Electronics, and K&N Filtercharge Gen II. Next week, I'm putting on a Flowmaster Cat-Back System. This has increased my ponies a good bit so far. Want to change headers eventually to.

Dirtclod20, if you are interested in selling the Hypertech, let me know. Is ita Power Programmer III??

Mark
dhorn74@hotmail.com

Old 03-10-2001, 07:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you're serious about making some power then put a set of headers and a cam in it. It will significatly increase your tourque and hp if you use the right cam-header combo.

You can screw around with all the bolt on stuff that you want, but power is made in the heart of the beast. Look at some of the hot rod articles on this subject. Those guys made like 320 hp out of a junkyard block with vortec heads on it. Other than the carb and intake the only thing they changed was exhaust and the cam.

Later,
Shaneb

The Roanoke (VA) Times Photo Department
1986 3/4 ton 4x4 'Burban 5.7L Vortec Powered
2000 Specialized Rockhopper FSR
[img] http://people.unt.edu/~shaneb/front.jpg [/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement