PRICES..Rhino vs. LINE-X - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2001, 10:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

u4ia4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PRICES..Rhino vs. LINE-X

Alright. After many thread reviews and visiting doifferent sites on the WWW, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn;t matter. I NEED A BLOODY BEDLINER..line-x...rhino...it doesn;t matter. They all claim the samething. bl;ah blah blah..."we're better than everyone, and 1/4" thick" I don;t think there is any difference at all really. So here's the question. What are the prices i can expect to pay for either of there.
I know there are guys aout there with rhino and guys with Line-x. If you could tell me how much they took you for I'd appreciate it. I've got to drive about 60miles to get to a shop either way, so my decision will be based primarily on cost. Thans for the help.
---Peacock

If it hasn't broken, you haven't had it in the dirt yet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2001, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: PRICES..Rhino vs. LINE-X

you can expect to pay...TOO MUCH; however, i do know that sams(at least last time i checked)was selling an awesome herculiner kit for $99. that beats the hell out of any pro-sprayed in bedliners that run $350 at their cheapest.

the kit came with:
1gal of liner
1pt or liner
2rollers
gloves
sandpaper
and some other crap that i cant remember. pretty much any and everything else you would need. except for acetone to clean and soften the paint for a good STICK.

hope youll consider going this route

everything's bigger in TEXAS!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-20-2001, 11:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, according to the Nov, 2000 issue of 4W&OR where they tested all the liners (by the way - speedliner and signature tested the best so you might wanna check if there is a dealer close by), the prices are as follows:
rhino ($395-425)
line-x ($400-450)
signature ($400-450)
speedliner ($350-400)
all those prices are for 8' beds, so if you only have a 6' its cheaper and a stepside is even cheaper. i would recommend against the rhino and for any of the other 3. linex is probably most common. i have two friends with it that havent had problems and 2 with rhino that have had chunks taken out in several places. i know we already discussed a post about them so i wont preach but i wanted to give you the prices

Mike ~
Earnhardts Forever

"You can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones."--Dale Earnhardt
Old 02-20-2001, 11:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

mphZ71,
Thanks fella. Thats exactly what i was looking for.
\--peacock

Old 02-21-2001, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm shopping around for a liner also, and have decided on the Line-X. Up here in Northern Virginia the Line-X shop quoted me $459.00 for a 6 1/2 foot bed, over-the-rail job (taxes included).

Old 02-21-2001, 09:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

CJ7...,
Thats the exact same application i will be usung. Thanks for the price quote.
---Peacock

Old 02-21-2001, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My buddy bought the gun to spray this stuff for $15. I looks like a siphon style sand blaster. He taped off floor mats and painted them into his jeep. Looks great, just an idea.

Old 02-21-2001, 02:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hmmm, that might be a good idea. If i were to buy the gun, it would be easy to re-spray the cheapie brand after it wears out a little...i wonder if i can buy line-X liner goop by itself and use a gun to spray myself. it can;t be all that complicated to do...assuming the actual liner goop is a one part mix. I don;t want to be messing with any 2-part mixtures. If anyone knows where/ how i could get my hands on the name-brand liner, let me know
---Peacock

Old 02-21-2001, 02:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I 'll give the standard disclaimer for legal reasons like I did when I shared my long shackles, SO "dont try this at home, I have a very old truck " OK, goto your Home depot or equivalent and look in the roofing supply isle. There you will find a 5 gallon bucket of plasticized roofing cemnt. It comes in black and white. Those of us who are wealthy enough to live in manufactured homes know it well in the rainy season, I have been watching my roof closely since I used this stuff. It goes on like nasty sticky goo but after a week in the sun it seems to harden pretty good. At $15 this could be my next bed liner. It would have to be heated or troweled on. I fear that a hot day may cause it to soften so I need to look into it some more. Everyone says I am a cheap a$$ so why disappoint.

Old 02-21-2001, 04:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well i happen to work in a lumber yard that sells stuff like that for building homes. I'k going to take a tub of it and test it out on the bed of one of our old delivery trucks. it usually just sits around un the sun. that'll give me a chance to see how well this goopy stuff works on a bed...and how well it stands up to abuse. I"ll let you know how it works out
---Peacock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement