K5 Blazer Safari Snorkel - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2001, 04:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default K5 Blazer Safari Snorkel

I saw the K5 on the home page of ColoradrK5 and it has a Safari Snorkel sold by ARB. What kind is it, part #??? www.safari4x4.com.au , the people who make them, do not list one for the K5. If anyone knows anything about these puleez let me know. They won't return my e-mails, weenies!
Eddie

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2001, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: K5 Blazer Safari Snorkel

check out http://www.suburbansafari.coloradok5.com. i found this page searching for good burb pages(this was one of the few). the guy states he used an 80 series toyota snorkel. it looks to have worked fine

everything's bigger in TEXAS!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-31-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you!!!! I'm in business now.
Eddie

Old 02-01-2001, 12:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Franks idea, I looked into this then decided that if I was that deep in water ,air to the motor was the least of my concerns. My first idea was to take a air box off a wrecked izuzu HD truck(budget truck) They suck air about 7 ft over the cab. idea #2 was to goto home depot and get the tube and fitting for a central vac system for a shop. Lots of custom abs sections in this section. The air cleaner would be inside a larger diameter pipe, If you goto auto zone and open the air cleaners that are in a big square box you will find a long filter with a plastic collar on one end perfect to fit inside a pipe. Just some thoughts, never built one yet.

Old 02-01-2001, 12:29 PM
Addict

laketex is an unknown quantity at this point

Make yer own cheap. Check out these ideas:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/003163.html

Bryan

LakeTex
Durant, Ok
http://www.capninsano.coloradok5.com
The road goes on forever...and the party never ends!!!
Old 02-01-2001, 12:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Guys thanks for all the links and suggestions!!!! I believe for $240 I can make a pretty darn nice snorkel on my own. The only cool thing about the Safari brand was the snorkel head with the air/water separator effect thingy.
Thanks again
Eddie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement