35 or 36 inch tires on a 16 inch rim - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2001, 07:38 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Default 35 or 36 inch tires on a 16 inch rim

I've almost completely decided to go with Buckshot radials, as I can't find readily available tires on the 16 inch rim in the 35 to 36 inch range. Yokohama Geolanders are backordered out the ass.

Anyway, Here I compare SS to Buckshot. Hmmmm, very similar. I know that SS suck on ice and rain, and thats a third of the year for me. Buckshots are reviewed as better on slippery surfaces, and I may run chains with them.

Anyway, I may go with a 35 inch radial M/T type tire instead. I'm open to ANY suggestions. I hear Cooper makes a 35 mud terrain on a 16 inch rim, but also have heard from Tex that Coopers are really horrible tires, only get 5000 miles a set, and kill people regularly.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

So, in truth, I's rather go with a 35 inch radial than the buckshots because my truck in my ONLY driver. Thank you in advance for any help.

BTW: Isn't that a cool chart ? Heh heh [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank You All - RJ

<font color=blue>1978 K20 - 355ci, np205, th700</font color=blue>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2001, 07:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: 35 or 36 inch tires on a 16 inch rim

Ever thought of running BFG's? The mud terrains do well in most any conditions along with great longivity.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-18-2001, 08:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point

<font face="Times New Roman"size=2>
<font color=green>Whatever you get, have them siped, it'll make them tons better in the wet. You might look into Ground Hawgs too since you're going to be on the street alot. They're available in Radial as well.

Evan[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
</font color=green>

Old 01-18-2001, 08:11 PM
Resurrection_Joe

What a wonderful idea !!! Oh they don't make a 35 in the 16 inch rim size..... Poop.....

Yeah I knew that, thanks for trying though !

BTW - It appears that Cooper doesn't make a 35 on a 16 rim, thank god, millions could have been killed ![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Keep Them Coming ! - RJ

Old 01-18-2001, 08:15 PM
Resurrection_Joe

I don't know if you noticed, but I need a tire for the 16 inch rim ! HAHAHAHA ! Niether Groung Hawgs or BFG's come in 16 inch !

Thanks for the info Shaggs. Is it possible to hand sipe tires ?

More more more ! - RJ

Old 01-18-2001, 08:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

<font color=green>[Yeah, that's the best way. Here ya go - http://www.mrtrockcrawlers.com/Merch...Code=25-36HDGI

</font color=green>

Old 01-18-2001, 09:21 PM
Resurrection_Joe

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That's scary !

Thanks ! I think I'll stick to a utility knife and being real careful. I'm going Buckshots if I get more lift! YEAH !!!

Thanks Shaggs - RJ

<font color=blue>1978 GMC 3/4ton - 355ci, np205, th700</font color=blue>
Old 01-18-2001, 11:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

take a look because BFG's are available in a 16 rim now in fact i am looking at the add in four wheeler mag as i write this its a 315-75-16 which as we all now is a 35x12.5x16 at national tire and wheel they want 198 so they are a little pricey but they are available.

Old 01-19-2001, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Joe i dont know what the market is now for 35/16's but a year ago when i was buying tires for newly lifted truck the only ones i could find that looked like they might fit the bill were 315/16 wild country txr's. Got em at les schwab, not sure if they have scwab where you are at or not. Other places sell em though. Not quite a mud tire, but more aggressive than a AT. kinda in between. Absolutly awsome in snow. Still rated a traction tire. Like you i drive mostly on road, and I use my truck for business, so i didnt want the buckshots. Ive got 25k on them now and i cant hardly see any tread wear. And my pickup weighs in at 7200 lbs.

93 F250 7.3 Diesel, 4 inch tuff country lift, 35 inch Wild Country's
Old 01-19-2001, 01:33 AM
Keyboard Implanted

<font color=green>Hey Joe, here's another option for you - Parnelli Jones' "Dirt Grip". Why does that hot knife look scary? I want to get one of those myself, I'd like to sipe my Swampers to make 'em last longer and maybe get better grip on the sand.

</font color=green>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement