EVO sensor/steering problems, VALUABLE INFO!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2001, 01:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default EVO sensor/steering problems, VALUABLE INFO!!

OK, another steering post. Where is the EVO sensor everyone talks about having replaced located on the truck? Also, as a side note, I have done a fair amount of research on the steering thing since learning that alot of folks have the same problem, and here is what I've learned. There are 2 technical service bulletins in regards to the steering problems, but I haven't laid my hands on copies yet. No recalls that I could find, but I have spoken with the US DOT national highway traffic safety administration about any investigation about this safety issue. They have made no investigation, and told me they didn't unless there were formal written complaints filed, soooo...
I got them to mail me the forms. If there are as many folks out there as it sounds like with the same problem, I think chevy needs to pay for the repairs, especially since it is a serious safety issue. I encourage everybody to contact NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 or www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/voq_form.html
and try to put a little pressure on GM to make this right. I called gm and of course got no help or sympathy. they will do nothing if we don't complain, and as much help as everyone is to each other on these boards, all our griping to each other doesn't help our wallets! It may not do any good, but it doesn't cost anything to try, NHTSA is a federal agency after all that our tax dollars fund!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2001, 05:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: EVO sensor/steering problems, VALUABLE INFO!!

well... I filled it out... wonder if they issue a recall if I can get my money back.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-12-2001, 06:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: EVO sensor/steering problems, VALUABLE INFO!!

Oh, BTW: the part that ussually needs to be replaced is not the EVO unit but the Steering Wheel Speed Sensor which talks to the EVO unit. I've included a picture of it (its parts of the steering column) - Email me if you R&R instructions.

Steering Wheel Speed Sensor
GM Part#: 26064468

Attached Images
File Type: gif 18-304161-Steering-Wheel-Speed-Sensor.gif (14.7 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement