1990 k1500 help! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

1990 k1500 help!

Hey I have a 1990 chevy k1500, I just got a leveling kit and now I have like no suspension, it's really bumpy, I'm looking to get different spindles to lower the wheel so I have suspension, the control arms right now are the lowest they go, there at the bump stops. Someone help!

Another thing, I want to get lockers for the front and rear diffs, I was thinking the E-Locker for the front, but I'm joy sure what to get for the rear, I want posi all the time unless I'm turning, I saw that locker on Trucks last weekend while watching powerblock. Help would be awesome!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Journeyman

you might want to check into a spool for the rear and take the control arms up just a hair if you take them to the max either way it doesnt allow any cusion.

Idiot proof is a lie considering that all of the idiots have tried it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Can't Get Enough

I think the suspension is so bumpy because the torsion springs are cranked all the way up. You just need to back them off a little to give the suspension a chance to work right.

I put the Detroit Tru-Trac in the back of my Suburban and it works pretty good. It has good street manners, doesn't lock when turning, but off-road it works nice and gives me plenty of traction. If I had the money, I would probably go with an ARB air locker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Actually, the torsion bars are as low as they go right now. The keys must have lifted then up that much, I can't find just spindles either I'd have to buy an entire lift kit...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 04:22 PM

What shocks are you running? You do need to turn the Tbars up enough to get the Aarms off the bumpstops. Put some tension in the springs.

Are you bottoming out on bumpstops or shocks?

Need more info to help

Shorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode