98 chevy death wobble - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Journeyman

holsters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 98 chevy death wobble

I know this has to be a common question, but I tried to search...honest I did. Most of the threads were jeep swb. I couldn't find any full size chevy threads.

My all stock '98 chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 has started to develope a death wobble. So far it's been minor and at relatively low speeds, more often when hitting a bump while braking. I do know that there are many things that can cause/contribute to the wobble...tie rod ends, pitman arm etc, but is there a "most common" cause or a "best" place to start??

Please accept my apology if the answers are already there and I just screwed up the search.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Stillakilla187

Hey, My best advise is just to check the parts you just listed. It shouldnt take very long just try to check for any exessive play, and make sure they are greased and not damaged. also check other parts of suspension and braking systems. But I would start with the steering as you said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement