Off Roading Forums banner

Missing RPO codes

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I managed to pick up a nice 1998 1500 Z71 and so far I love it. I already picked apart the sites that have some RPO codes available, but I seem to be missing a few. Can anyone tell me what the following are?:

R64
R9L
SLM
VC3
6GG
7GG

I'm pretty sure those are all correct. Doing this stuff at night looking at tiny numbers in a glove box can wreak havoc on one's mind.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
http://www.gm-trucks.com/RPO_index.shtml

hope that helps you out a little more J.R.

and for everyone who didnt know, J.R. was one of the leading guys over on the small trucks board and just sold his s-10 so he isnt new to chevy........just the full size stuff. i hope your happy with your new truck and good luck

#3 ·
Thanks, Sparty!

I checked this one out, so either I wrote down the wrong ones or they're not in this list. I'm gonna check the former first!

And the S-10 isn't sold yet! I still have, but need to sell it soon. If you're in the San Diego area, check out the April 3rd Truck Trader or the online version. I also have an ad on Race-Dezert-dot-com.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and kind words.

#4 ·
J.R. someone in here i think (sooo many forums out there) has a complete list of RPO codes. yours are likely stuff suck as, thick insulation on the floor or textured steering-wheel.....just junk like that. if you dont get it fugured out in a day or two I"ll call a buddy of mine that runs the parts department at a GM dealership. he should be able to figure it out for me

G
#7 ·
In reply to:

thick insulation on the floor or textured steering-wheel

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, or "floormat delete" or "Venezuelan Gov't Purchase" There's all kinds of weird international ones....

I've got some pretty big spreadsheets I've built for about '96-'02, when I go home I'll look them up and stuff.

G
#9 ·
R64 - Sure it's not R6A?
R6A - CONTROL - SALES ITEM NO. 01 (ok...right...
)
R9L - CONTROL - SALES ITEM NO. 87 (ok...right...
)
SLM - SALES PROCESSING - STOCK ORDERS (oh fuskin boy
)
VC3 - LABEL - PRICE/FUEL ECON, US TERRITORIES (oh fuskin boy
)
6GG - COMPONENT FRONT LFT - COMPUTER SEL SUSP (autoride maybe?)
7GG - COMPONENT FRONT RHT - COMPUTER SEL SUSP (what other than autoride?)

HA-HA that 188 Page .pdf (1.12MB) I dug up is worth something.

#11 ·

You guys rock!

OK, checked again just now (people are probably getting sick of me hitting the unlock on the remote, but I love it!) and it appears that the code is actually R6U, which is probalby just some freakin' sticker thing...

Thanks for your help.

Where did you find this PDF file?

As far as -- 6GG - COMPONENT FRONT LFT - COMPUTER SEL SUSP

Got me! All I know is that it has tubular upper A-arms, but I've never checked to see if anyone else's has at this point. And it "appears" to be stock.

Thanks for all your help.

G
#12 ·
R6U - CONTROL - SALES ITEM NO. 20

Now if somebody with a bit of a connection at GM might be able to break dwon what those options are...

Man...don't know where I got it, just did. Somewhere online. Original filename is "GMfullRPOlist.pdf" if you want to search for it. Try google...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.