Distributor installation for '97 5.7L 350 vortec - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2002, 04:36 PM
2zfield

Default Distributor installation for \'97 5.7L 350 vortec

I am having a heck of a time getting the distributor installed correctly. Is there some 'secret' the manual is not telling me?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2002, 06:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Distributor installation for \'97 5.7L 350 vortec

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]....You stick the round thing down in the hole and wiggle it around to line it up?.... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm sorry, I just got done with my finals, I'm done 'til Jan. 6th. I'm stoked. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's all good now. Time to spec out my dad's new P4.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-11-2002, 06:48 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

CodyZ71 is an unknown quantity at this point

huhahaha You mean your STROKED [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2002, 07:54 PM
2zfield

Boy you guys have been a big help. No wonder you guys have 5 and 4 stars, respectively, next to your names. And, you both probably graduated at the top of your class.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sparty is an unknown quantity at this point

is this new guy cock off day or what? jees......bet it then if you dont need any help.

my dad always said if you cant find the hole............wait lord sandman would scratch the rest of that sentence
Old 12-11-2002, 08:28 PM
Family Left Me

willyswanter is an unknown quantity at this point

Should be the same as any other distributor. Bring #1 up to TDC then slowly drop the distributor in on the gear that best gets the rotor pointed at the #1 position for firing. Then once it's started throw a light on it and see if it's timed correct or maybe a tooth off. If it is a tooth off lift it a little and rotate it around one tooth and drop it back in.

If your having problems just getting it to drop into the hole then run some emry cloth around the body fo the distributor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement