Home-made body lift? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2002, 08:13 AM
HomeBuilt_95

Default Home-made body lift?

I was wondering if any of you guy's are running a home-made body lift and if so did you make it yourself, have somebody else do it? What did you use for the blocks. thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2002, 09:26 AM
Journeyman

pungohboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Home-made body lift?

I have a buddy that made a 3 inch lift for a Bronco 2 with Hockey pucks but why make a home made lift when they cost under $100 usually
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>The only material that you can make it out of safely would be machined aluminum or some superstrong type of plastic. Hockey pucks will split and cause problems eventually. Just buy one, they're cheap and you know that they'll work.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:15 AM
HomeBuilt_95

The 2" lift i am looking at is around $160 I just thought that maybe i could make one a little cheaper. The only reason i am asking about a body lift is because my tires are rubbing. I don't want to mess with the torsion bars because they are cranked as far as i want them. so if there are any other options that you guys can think of let me know. Thanks
Old 08-20-2002, 10:39 AM

Shorts is on a distinguished road

The Kid(evan) is taking his off his truck, maybe you can get his. i don't know if he's started on it yet, or when he's going to. but pm him.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:15 PM
Old Hand

97tealZ71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a buddy with a humvee he did a 7'' body lift on, he used metal tube pieces , i dont remember how thick they were but he used grade 8 bolts i believe and did alot of welding. He just has 4 little seats in the interior and never carries anything else in it so I dont know if it would hold up to a heavier interior, work loads, etc. Im kinda out of it right now(frat parties last night), so sorry for the sloppy reply
Old 08-20-2002, 02:22 PM
Pooh-Bah

Scoobydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

What body lift cost $160 ? [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
They are like $60-$70. Go to <a target="_blank" href=http://summitracing.com>summitracing.com</a>
You may have to call them,
I think your part number you want is "PRA-PA-552X" but check 1st
Old 08-20-2002, 02:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>A 7" body lift!? On a Hummer!? Oh my goodness, that is so, so, horribly lame. Not to mention dangerous.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:30 PM
Pooh-Bah

Scoobydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Obviously, a fool, with money! [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2002, 06:29 PM
Old Hand

tx_jeeper is an unknown quantity at this point

why oh why would you do a body lift on hummer?? not to mention a 7" lift?? they clear 37s stock!

on a side note, if you want to do a cheap body lift, I have heard that you can use boat rollers (you know, the black rollers on boat trailers) cut to whatever size you want...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement