$6 Million ? How many qts in 700r4? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's

GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-1999, 11:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default $6 Million ? How many qts in 700r4?

Please respond, I can't find this FAQ in any of my manuals, reference material or anybody I know for that matter, sounds like a simple question, but I don't want to over or under fill my brand new 700r4.
THANK YOU!
Steve

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-1999, 08:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 4 or 5

I changed mine once and used 5 i think.
But then I did it again and installed a B&M deep pan, then it took 8 quarts, I am sure about the eight part.
The thing I am unsure of is if the new pan was 3 or 4 additional quarts over stock.
Just fill with four, crank it up, leave it in neutral, and keep checking and adding until you got to the add mark.
As long as you have a few quarts in it and don't drive it, no harm is done.
When you get it to the add mark, drive it to get it hot, then come home and check and add again if needed.
Keep checking for the next few days after you have driven it.
It took me a couple of days to get my 4L80-E completely full after changing the pan on it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-1999, 11:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default first time fill will be about 6 quarts

with a change you can only get about 3.5 quarts out. after a rebuild with a new converter it will take 6 or mo quarts to fill. FYI before you put that tranny in you need to pour as much fluid into the converter as you can. If there is no fluid in it it will not function and it will not prime the pump. You should be able to put 2-3 quarts into the converter with it laying on it's back. Don't worry it won't dump on your head when you install it the thing will hold 4-5 quarts when spinning.

Grim-Reaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement