How to reset trouble codes? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Small Trucks & SUV's

GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2000, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default How to reset trouble codes?

Hey all just wondering on how to reset the trouble codes after I install the o2
sensors,catallac converter,mass air flow sensor.Some people told me to disconnect
the battery for 30 sec. And some people told me to have a gm scanner from the
dealership hooked up to clear the codes.And some told me to just pull the ECM
fuse for 30 sec. What do I really have to do? Thanks in advance!!

LIL ZILLA SAYS HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!!!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2000, 07:55 PM
Addict

diver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to reset trouble codes?

I'm getting a Granattelli and have heard of this problem with them and the place I'm buying it from and the dealership both said to disconnect the battery for a minute or 2 and reconnect it and it will be okay. They said if it keeps coding after that then something else is the problem and maybe I'll have to detune the Hypertech tuning. Tom

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-19-2000, 05:58 AM
Pooh-Bah

J.R. is an unknown quantity at this point

Yah, standard operating procedure (SOP) is to disconnect the battery for at least a minute (just thirty secs may not be enough, might as well be sure)!

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
Old 08-19-2000, 07:49 AM
Addict

diver is an unknown quantity at this point

Zilla, Tom again. You told me about the Trapps & stuff a while back. The dealerships codes and stuff you were having before and was gonna sell LilZilla? Was this such a problem your putting back on the sensors and the cat to correct this?

I know you had duals & the Trapps & stuff, but did you do away with the cat and put in those sensor plug replacements or something before?

I thought when I do the exhaust on the ZR2 to get those SES sensor plugs and replace the O2 Sensors so I won't get an error code and remove the cat and run 2 1/4 duals from the Headers front to rear with the Supertrapps. I can do that real nice since the gas tank is in the rear instead of like my truck. The next thing I'm getting is the Granettelli while I can get it for $280, and then the Roller rockers 1.6 ratio. Then a Tbody modification I know of and I'll be done with the performance stuff. Then lift, tires, wheels, & gears, and the truck is finished.

So I guess I'm asking is this the setup your running now before you change it back to a cat & stuff? Duals, Trapps, and SES plugs, and the Granettelli? Tom 99ZR2

Old 08-20-2000, 10:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I tried the ECM fuse and it didnt clear mine. I had to unhook the battery for a little bit ( not sure how long exactly ) but that did the trick.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement