99 S10 won't start - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Small Trucks & SUV's

GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Can't Get Enough

A1980GMC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99 S10 won't start

My brother in law's 1999 4 banger S10 won't start. First thought it was the starter. He now has a new starter and new battery. When you try to crank it, it turns over but very very slowly. Like I said the starter is new and the bettery is new. I don't think the problem is it not wanting to start it just isn't turning over like it should or with enough juice. Last night we removed all of the spark plugs to see if it would turn over any better. It barely turned over any better.

Can their be a problem with getting enough juice down to the starter? We tried late last night to hook up a remote starter switch. Bypass the ignition by putting a direct hotwire to the S terminal on the starter. Got nothing, but then a rain storm came in and we had to head inside.

I am running out of things to try. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 PM

edsmagichands is on a distinguished road

don't know if you still need help but if you do, first put a wrench on the crank bolt and turning it by hand. if it turns freely its electrical problem. if not, he probably overheated it causing pistons/rings to expand, or ran it out of oil causing bearings to seize, either way its toast. oh, make sure its not in gear when you try this. if all good, dont forget battery cables. they must be clean,tight ,corrosion free inside and outside. visual inspect not good enough test with meter or put new on if not sure.
PS: new stands for NEVER EVER WORKED trust nothing specialy aftermarket reman
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement