allwheel drive system - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

allwheel drive system

hi guys. i've got an 04 yukon denali, and the tire preasure light stays on what do i need to do to get the thing to work right, i had some tires put on and it was showing befor that. also changed the ignition swithtch and the security light stays on. other than that its an allwheel-dr. iwas surprized this last weekend, afriend and I pulled down 3 moble homes (70 footers) he has 3/4 ton and he was doin the roster tail thin with the dirt. i howerver sliped very little does anybody know about this system and is there any thing that I can emprove? thanks again
mike
p.s he said that he was goin to post it on u-tube

Idiot proof is a lie considering that all of the idiots have tried it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Addict

I know that you need to reset these systems after getting new tires, rotating tires or adjusting air pressure. should be in owners manual. if no manual, google "tire pressure light". hopefully somebody who knows will chime in soon.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump runner View Post
I know that you need to reset these systems after getting new tires, rotating tires or adjusting air pressure. should be in owners manual. if no manual, google "tire pressure light". hopefully somebody who knows will chime in soon.
^ that doesn't make any sense... We're talking about Allwheel drive systems and you're talking about resetting it?????

Its a mechanical beast, it doesn't get "reset"...

If you are referring to the Low pressure light that comes on when it senses the low pressure after getting new tires, check tire pressure is at 30lbs or whatever your car calls for, then reset your ECU by unplugging the negative from the battery and waiting a few minutes.

Wow this forum is upside down, nevermind I thought Stump runner was the first post -_-......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBBERsideDOWN View Post
Wow this forum is upside down, nevermind I thought Stump runner was the first post -_-......
not a problem-

you can change the way the forum is viewed under your "user control panel"
under "Settings & Options" click "Edit Options" find "Thread Display Options" then "Thread Display Mode" SElect the mode that suits you best.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

every thing that i've read on the web i've tried. exept replacing the compressor and if i pull the negetive post i have to pay the dealer 40 bucks to get the radio to come on. its the bose system, which is exellent considering it puts up with me and i haven't blown the speakers. i've rotated the tires checked the preasure about 50 times i can't find an owners manual for under 65. i do aprietate the ideas keepthem comming please.
mike

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Addict

a couple links to follow:

last post this page- http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=14503

this one seems to be quite knowledgeable- DEAR SIR/MAM, How do I reset the tire pressure ... - JustAnswer
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

cool thanks

thank you . i haven't had a chance totry it. code enforcement has been on my butt. so I'm having to throw a fence up. their main concern was my burb on jackstands. apperantly there was alot of people calling and complaining that it was dangerous(dosn't matter that i had it set thrw the 65 mph wind gusts that we had lat week) any was after i get the fenceing done i'll try it.
mike

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

welllll

it kind of worked. no yellowlight now it says to check the air monitor?spent half an hour on it. was just about to get the (wheres the hamer) attitude.pluss got to go and get three loads of #1 road base for the fencing. and a drive to get the yukon of the street when i park it.found a dent (little) and a beer cannext to the denali, gemmie a gun and i bet they don't doit again! it is sad no body has respect forothers property or privacy, i've had 20 people ask me y i was puttin a fence up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode