suspenion lift on 92 s10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

suspenion lift on 92 s10

wats the best but cheaper suspenion lift for a 92 s10 independent front suspenion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Journeyman

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
wats the best but cheaper suspenion lift for a 92 s10 independent front suspenion
4x4 or 4x2? Both utilize an independent front suspension. The 4x2 uses unequal length control arms and the 4x4 uses torsion bars.

Cheap or reliable? Can't really have both.

Stay away from Superlift/Rough Country 2" lifts for the 4x4; they wear parts out like there's no tomorrow!!. Best is the 5" lift kits from either trailmaster or BDS (this is the best one); but they are pricey!!...and don't forget that the IFS is not all that strong, but will take a beating.

I have a stock 1986 Chevy T10 blazer that's only mod is 30" BFG A/T tires and it works great for me!!. But then again, I really couldn't justify spending $1500 or more on a suspension lift. I really don't condone the use of body lifts; my personal opinion is that they suck, yes they give room for larger tires but they do not give any benefit to their use. (waste of money IMO).

Late.

BTW - welcome to the forum! and search around, check out my posts I've talked about this on several different occassions.

I need a bigger engine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode