Why S10 not commonly lifted?? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Old Hand

Re: Why S10 not commonly lifted??

If you have to change clutches that often you might want to consider a racing clutch or something...

A body lift does help clear the v8, if you try to do that swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 08:33 PM

I wanted to do a 2" body lift, however I found a 3" body lift someone had bought and never installed. He only wanted $50 for it. I don't regreat the body lift at all. It was extremely helpful when I dropped my tranny last time. I had tons of room to get at those top two tranny bolts, not too mention the tranny cooler lines. Without hte body lift those tranny cooler lines are a royal pain in the azz.

Sorry about that teaser pic not working. Check the first link and look for a red '92 S10 Blazer posing on top of some flatted cars, page 6. He is running 52" Michelin tires.
Your going to be hard pressed to fit 52" tires under a Wrangler without it becoming real unstable. A Wranger just doesn't have the wheelbase to handle that much tire. Common upgrade is to stretch the wheelbase to 100"-104". Stock 2dr S10-Blazer is 100.5", while a stock 4dr S10-Blazer is 107". In both cases anything over 33" tires and you should push the front axle forward at least 2" to gain better firewall clearance.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:07 AM

Sorry I haven't been around lately, but I don't change clutches too often, hell only one so far and I have 20k on this one, so I shouldn't have to change it for a while... It is just a major inconvenience when the time does come [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

One day my truck will have a SFA... after that, lord knows what [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Addict

Build your own Mark Hall S-10 !
I have a Dana 44 rebuilt with 4.56's and disc and a 9" with spool and 4.56's and NEW WILD Horses springs and a bunch of other stuff as a package for $1500. Can deliver in the KY, TN, AL, IN, IL area. It was all for a S-10 swap I quit on. I have the Scout II steering box and ALL! Never used or had grease in it since gone through either! Tom 270-556-5340 24/7
post #15 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Damn Tom. Wish I had the $1500 laying around. I know htat S10 you speak of. S10-Extremists finest.
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 AM

Actually, they are not so hard to lift, very inexpensive, and I prefer a IFS truck over straight axle. Love my Blazer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode