largest size tires i can fit on my s10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Small Trucks & SUV's

GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 03:29 PM
itsoktobearednek

Default largest size tires i can fit on my s10

hey yall can anyone tell me what the largest size tire i can fit on my 98 s10 ls 2wd w/ the stock 5 spoke rims?
im thinkin bout bf allterrains
i appreciate it
-james
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2006, 10:28 AM
UsSoldier

Default Re: largest size tires i can fit on my s10

Why would u wanna make its setup for off road with 2wd...I have that same truck in a 2000... I doubt it would work.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
itsoktobearednek

simple question..all i wanted was a simple answer...i didnt ask just to be ridiculed by folks who think they know everything.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:08 AM

JaVeRo is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 265/70r15's on my wifes S10 4x4. On the older body styles (pre '94) the backspacing was different on 2wd vrs 4wd and the 2wd couldn't run as big of tire without rubbing. The newer ones may be the same.

I had a 91 s10 4wd that I mounted a bald 265/75r15 that I got free on the spare rim and run it on the front for a few miles to see if it would rub. I replace two fender bolts with dome head bolts for better clearance and made it work. I then ordered a set of 255/75r15 pirelli's that worked real good.

Just guessing, with yours being 2wd, I would have to say 255/70r15 would be as big as you could go without modifications. But I would mount an old tire to check it before spending the money.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Both of mine with the body style of your 98 are 4wd.

James
Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 PM
itsoktobearednek

i ppreciate that man...lots of help....smart replacing those bolts.
itsoktobearednek
Old 02-21-2006, 04:53 PM
itsoktobearednek

i think i can squeeze some bfg a/t 31x10.5r15 in there.....
im workin on it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement