s10 tire size - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Chevy and GM > GM Small Trucks & SUV's

GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2003, 07:43 AM
highrolin4x4

Default s10 tire size

is it possible to fit a 30x 9.50 mud terrain on a stock 97 s10 4x4?? Can i do it with a little torsion adjustment, or is just not going to work at all. Thanks for the help
andy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Pooh-Bah

J.R. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: s10 tire size

The mud terrain tires have a very aggressive tread that might get in the way. I had 31" BFG mud terrains that wouldn't fit well even with a 2" body lift. Ended up getting fiberglass fenders and rebuilding the inner fenderwells to get it to not rub.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-30-2003, 03:02 PM
s104x498

i had 31x10.50's on stock rims and no lift w/ t-bars crnked 6 turns and they did not rub on the road. sometimes when hardcore offroading they would smack the fender a bit. i believe they shold work with no probs.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

4wheel4fun is an unknown quantity at this point

I put 30x9.5's on my 96 S-10 (no lift, no T-bar crank, no body lift) and they haven't rubbed in 3 years. I don't think I would ever go back to anything smaller. The tires measure a true 29" though. Finally, I did have a noticeable power loss after adding the tires, but not too bad.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what do you guys do to keep your truck rear end level with the front when you crank the tb ?
Old 01-31-2003, 01:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Easiest way to go is add-a-leafs or longer shackles. AALs are good if you plan on hauling heavy stuff or towing cause they give you a little more weight capacity, but on the downs side will make your rear end a lot stiffer. This is what I used on my blazer cause I carry a lot of recovery stuff and like the extra support for towing. Shackles will lift it also but will hang down farther. also remember ther is about a 2 to 1 ratio for lift, 2 inch longer shackle gets you about 1 inch overall lift. I've also heard that longer shackles are bad about causing a lot of sway unless some type of cross support is welded in between for strenghth.

Not sure about shackles but I ordered my AAL from Summit for like 30.00 bucks. They were really easy to install. Oh, and the ride kinda reminds me of home, driven around WV in Grandpa OL' Ford Truck!

Mike

Im runnin 30s BFG AT on mine with only like 2 turns on the TB's. AAL out back were mostly for saggin rear end. No rub anywhere.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I did the same thing on my 1992 S-10. So I am sure 30x 950 would fit yours. My 1987 had 30x950's with no bar crank.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

my 88 s15 jimmy came with p205's stock. the p235's on it barely fit without touching the tbar.

woohooo new graemlins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theo/stuper [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 11:26 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Sparty is an unknown quantity at this point

the 235's are essentially 29" anyways, well 28.85" but they can test fit it for you before you do it to make sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement