old to new - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Lounge Chevy and GM general discussion, FAQs, OT questions and comments

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Journeyman

old to new

My hats off to you guys with the newer rides. Their a pain in the butt to work on. I thought only kids would test my patience this bad. Just got an 04 yukon denali with 6.0 allwheel drv. Saw that some antifreeze was leaking on the transmision an figured the intake was leaking( use to old motors) after 2 trips ( 40 miles) and head scratchin, 4 hrs worth I got it done. Then figured out that it was the t connector for the heater core. Had to order that. Next day water pump died and changed it. Got the plastic t for the hose and put it on. I got this denali for gas milage and long trips figureing that I wouldn't have to work on it much. At this rate it will all be new within 6 months and I get a crash coarse in the ls1.
Like I said you guys are either patient as a saint' or hardheaded as my old man. Any way I've just got the k&n cold air kit and its goin on soon. Just out of curiosity does anyone know weather I have to buy a chip or get it programed. Thanks
Mike

Idiot proof is a lie considering that all of the idiots have tried it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 02:25 AM
Journeyman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas sub View Post
Any way I've just got the k&n cold air kit and its goin on soon. Just out of curiosity does anyone know weather I have to buy a chip or get it programed. Thanks
Mike

Congrats on the purchase. As for your answer; it's nope, no need to get a chip or have it programmed; the computer will adjust it's parameters to allow the engine to maintain as close to the stoichiometric ratio as possible. I would suggest that you remove the negative battery terminal, but if you have a 9 volt battery which connects to a device that plugs into the cigarette lighter, you use it that way none of the other electronic info is erased from the vehicle's memory (power seats, radio presets, etc.); but just for a minute or two, then reconnect and drive it so the computer can re-learn the new "upgraded" parameters. Late.

I need a bigger engine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode