Off Roading Forums banner

Carson to Dayton Trail Report - 2015

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  m3dragon 
#1 ·
This trail report was for a trip note posted or broadcast to the community. Myself and family along with my buddy and his wife and their brand new, week old jeep summit hit a 110 mile trail near Carson Valley.

The day started off great, first section was a little washboard but we are able to make good time. We fallowed a valley trail called Sunrise Road which snaked through the ridge to open ground. Here is the view after you come out of the mountains and down to fast fun roads.

We hit the flat lands and made our way to a mining operation. There was a lot of stuff there and it looks like it is still working but no one was there

After the mine stop we made a short trip to lunch stop. This was a chance for the little guy to get out and not be lashed down in the truck. So far he was a trooper and seemed to enjoy the truck being rattled all over the place.

After lunch we made our way to the Minnesota Mine. Several structure remains are still there and was fun to explore.

--------------------

After the Minnesota Mine we headed back towards home. The trail was great and then we hit the SLOW stuff. This was a crawler trail and was a real pain to cross. While I was suffering this was a good chance for my buddy to learn his car and approach angles. After this painful section we reach some good ground and went to the last mine. This was the Como Mine with lots of ruins spread over a big area.

Before heading home we had to re-arrange the gear and gave the little guy a chance to try out driver seat. Still a ways off from reaching the pedals HAHA

Made our way down the last bit of the Como trail which was rocky but not as bad as the other side of the trail. We made it off just as darkness was setting in.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.