permanent motor oil? never change it again? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > General 4X4 and Off-Road

General 4X4 and Off-Road Ask questions or share info that applies across makes or models, things of general off-road interest. *Make-specific, please look below for appropriate forum..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Mud in my Veins

muddybronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default permanent motor oil? never change it again?

http://www.synlube.com/prod01.htm

weird
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2003, 10:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

piaa_nissan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: permanent motor oil? never change it again?

pretty low budget site, I would only try that crap in someone else's motor [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-2003, 07:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

me too, wheres PIAA's drop top, [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 07-11-2003, 10:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

No way do I want to take a chance on that.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Veteran

billybob is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Guys,

Way back in 1971 there was a product called EON E-11 synthetic motor oil. This stuff was way ahead of it's time! Garaunteed for 100,000 miles without change and regular filter changes at 7,000 miles. This stuff was AMAZING! The guys I worked with at the time got free samples and filled their engines with it. To the amazement of all, the idle speeds went WAY UP due to the lack of friction. Gas mileage increased significantly, if you had an older engine, all of the seals would have to be replaced cuz the synthetic was so thin it would leak out of any/all of the worn seals. If you had a new engine, you could run the thing for 40,000-50,000 miles, take off the heads and there would be NO WEAR on the internals... I mean NONE! AAMOF, the hash marks on the cylinders were still so fresh that it looked like the engine was rebuilt that same day...the internals like the valve covers and the oilpan area were absolutely spotless, not a single discolored part from sludge or any of the stuff that you would expect from an engine with 40k + on it.... and all that without any changing of oil. Just the filters were changed at regular intervals and topped off with additional synthetic..

Purdy amazing stuff... then it went away [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Maybe this is that same kinda technology.... Shucks I'd try it for free... [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

piaa_nissan is on a distinguished road

I think Gryphon was going to run some, he's just got to keep his rig right side up [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2003, 10:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

lmao, I really need to work on that. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Veteran

sammi_davis is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I will stick to Mobil 1 .
Old 07-13-2003, 09:16 AM
Enthusiast

gravtyklz is an unknown quantity at this point

Would that stuff be the same as using an oil stabilizer? Thats supposed to reduct friction a lot I believe...especially combined with synthetic oil.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Pooh-Bah

pfunk1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

A guy here at work runs Amsoil in his diesel, he sends a sample in evey 10,000 miles (when he changes the filter) to a lab and hes run it for 30,000 miles so far and they say it isnt even close to needing changed, my next oil change thats what I'm ussing, the proofs in the pudding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement