any opinions on BIG "O" TIRES ?????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > General 4X4 and Off-Road

General 4X4 and Off-Road Ask questions or share info that applies across makes or models, things of general off-road interest. *Make-specific, please look below for appropriate forum..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Old Hand

baronvonwarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any opinions on BIG \"O\" TIRES ??????

i went into the local Big "O" Tire place in search of tire quotes and i found that they have a 33" x 9.5" tire called the "Bigfoot". the tread pattern is more open than the usual all terrain tire but not quite as open as a mud tire .to me it looks like a good snow tire and an adequite mud tire. the guy said i should get a lot of miles out of them, but isnt that what they all say? my only other experience with off brands has been with the local Les Schwab's wildcat and wild country tires and i wasnt all that impressed with the mileage i got from those tires . i was wondering if any one out west might be able to give me a little advice on the "Bigfoot" tires ......thanks.. Von Warner
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2003, 09:36 AM
Mud in my Veins

AJMBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any opinions on BIG \"O\" TIRES ??????

Bigfoot is the name of all their truck tires. You need the two letters that follow it, MT, AT, XT, GT, or whatever. I do beleive you are talking about the crossover model they have. It's basically a really aggressive all terrain. Can't say how it works from my own experience, but around here Cooper is big and they have a similar tire. AT like tread lugs, but MT like voids and tread depth. Cooper Discoverer S/T. People love them because on road they are pretty much an AT, but offroad they are definately more than an AT. Won't pull you through the goo like a set of muds, but will go through more than an AT would.

When I lived in San Diego I found that Big O had a nice warranty and package, but you paid for it in the purchase price. I never bought any tires from them because I knew I was moving back here after I got out of the Marines and there aren't any Big O tire places in Michigan. If you plan on staying around that area, might be worth it to you. I usually use Discount or Belle Tire myself.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:08 AM
Old Hand

baronvonwarner is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry i wasnt more detailed about what style they were , they are the "XT" tires . they looked like a very good A/T tire and the warranty was really good. i realize i cant get the mud tire traction with a semi closed lug pattern like on an A/T tire but i was trying to get away from the BF Goodrich A/T type tread pattern that turns into a racing slick when in sticky mud. i think i have found the answer, well at least i hope i did . i went to the Les Schwab tire store and bought a set of Avon , mud terrain "SXT" in 33x 9.5/15. i really like the pattern and some of my friends around here are getting 40,000 out of a set on HEAVY trucks like Ford F350 diesel six packs. if i could get 30,000 on my little Toyota i would be happy . rumur has it they work really good in the snow and are decent in the mud. what do you think of this A/T tread pattern?......Von Warner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1138010-mt_sxt_lg.jpg (19.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

purevil71 is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the guy's in our 4x4 club has been running Big O AT for years and has had very good luck with them.
He has them on a samuri, but with a lifetime warrinty, everytime he get's a flat (which is all the time) or blows out a sidewall, he get's a new tire!
Old 07-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Veteran

sammi_davis is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a set come in on one of my parts jeeps and I wheeled them for a little while and they seemed to be a good tire . Hard to resell though as everyone wants interco bfg or goodyear .
Old 07-17-2003, 11:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only thing that I can tell you about Big O tyires is that if you go to Discount tires and tell them that you are considering buying Big O tires and you alrerady know the price of the tire that you're considering, Discount will give you a very good deal on BFG's. You need to know the price of the Big O tires so that they know that you are serious and are comparing prices.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They look sorta simiar to the Goodyear MT/R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement