Converting to 4wd Ranger???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford Ranger, Bronco II, Explorer

Ford Ranger, Bronco II, Explorer Discussion of all Ford mini and mid-sized 4x4 vehicles to include the Ranger pickup, Bronco II and Explorer SUV's.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Old Hand

-=Azo=- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Converting to 4wd Ranger????

what do you need to convert a 2wd 1987 ranger to 4wd? driveshaft transfercase axle? send me a write up or somthing on it too thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Old Hand

tanbuddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Converting to 4wd Ranger????

You might need a 4x4 transmission and crosmember too, the 2.5" factory rear blocks adnd shocks, both drive shafts, cut hole in the floor. For the fron get the 4x4 springs and shocks as well.
I dont know if the pitman arms are the same or not. More involved than u think, good luck
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:53 AM
rinconlucky

Default Re: Converting to 4wd Ranger????

Azo
I have everything you need. 88 bronco ll body rough, interior rough, engine good, 5 speed transmission good, transfer case good, both axles good. starter drags but this truck can be started and driven. 500 dollars takes all. clean title.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 PM

dock83 is on a distinguished road
Default ben there doen that

Good luck too you you need the crossmember out of a 4x4 the one that goes under the engine a front end and rear end too match gearing. drive shafts front and read the coil spring brackets off of a 4x4 trannie and transfer case manual shift easier no amount of wiring, rear spring blocks but I think the front coil springs are the same from a 2 wheel too a 4 wheel.l Yes you also need a pittman arm off of a 4x4 and the steering linkage. And before I forget lots and lots of nervesssssssssssss. This build took me 2 full weeks too finish and I ended up finishing up with a short wheel base 198 whatever ford ranger. Cheeper too buy another truck this is a really big task. My hat goes too you.

Last edited by dock83; 01-06-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.