2003 ranger lift. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford Ranger, Bronco II, Explorer

Ford Ranger, Bronco II, Explorer Discussion of all Ford mini and mid-sized 4x4 vehicles to include the Ranger pickup, Bronco II and Explorer SUV's.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2003, 04:49 PM
jerbeez

Default 2003 ranger lift.

What is the best way to lift a 2003 ranger fx4. The stock suspension is awesome, but I have very little clearance. I was hoping I could do better than a body lift, I just can't spend $1300 on a 4" suspension lift. I was hoping to keep spending under $600. I have a pair of 32 10.50 BFG Mud terrains to stick on there. Does anybody know about what a spindle lift is? how does it perform? will it give me more clearance underneath?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Mud in my Veins

AJMBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2003 ranger lift.

Spindle lifts are for 2wd's, won't work with a 4x4. You have cv-shafts going through your spindles, 2wd's don't.

With your truck I'd either put the tallest tire I could fit on it stock, or put a body lift on and run nothing bigger than a 33x12.5R15. That IFS wasn't ment for big tires and any hard core useage. An IFS lift won't make it any stronger or more capable, just taller and able to fit bigger tires, which actually serves to increase your vulnerability.

If you want more answers, I'd recommend you go over to www.TheRangerStation.com's forums. The bible for Ranger, Bronco II, and Explorer (and their clones) related tech. ORC is a good forum, but the Ranger forum is kinda dead.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:14 PM

nitro_high is on a distinguished road

i have a 2003 ranger edge and i was haveing the same problem. i found a 2in leaf spring drop shakle and did the 2-3 torsion key lift in the front. i know suposible the tortion keys way will make parts wear out quicker but i havent had any problem yet and i got muddin all the time i put 33's on mine
Old 10-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Novice

truckboy is on a distinguished road

cheapest way would be 2'' or 3'' coil spacers and longer shocks if needed.

remember you are messing with suspension geometry. Other things may be needed for your truck to handle properly.
And
A spindle lift kit changes where the spindle is located on the steering knuckle. It is not like a body lift and will affect your suspension. If you look at the link you can see how the spindle lift lowers the center-line of the axle, making the truck higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement