converting to power brakes and steering - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford Early Bronco, 66-77

Ford Early Bronco, 66-77 All discussion of Early Ford Bronco's to 1977

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2000, 01:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default converting to power brakes and steering

Can anyone give a detailed description of what parts involved, their cost, and location would be to convert a 72 with a 351 to power steering and power brakes?

Im sure the power steering is just the pump, brackets and steering box. Will the factory 76/77 pump work with the 351?

As for brakes, is it worth while to buy a power brake booster to use with the 4 drum brakes, or is it a waste of time. Im sure a front disc setup isnt cheap.

thanks

Larsonator

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2000, 04:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: converting to power brakes and steering

You will also need the steering shaft (it is shorter for the power box), the pulleys, and hoses. I haven't heard of any problems running a 76/77 box and pump on a 351w, it should rin just fine (I am assuming you mean a Windsor engine). I just swapped in front disc, about 4 months ago. I have no need for a booster. It stopps much easier. In 2 weeks we will have my brothers 4-wheel disc bronco running. We will find out then, whether or not he actually needs the booster or not. You could Do-It-Yourself on the disc brakes for between $500-1000. The Chevy conversion will cost approx $250 for the front and you could do the rear for about the same. See "www.Bronco.com".
Hope This helps
Curtis

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-02-2001, 05:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: converting to power brakes and steering

I converted to power brakes and it made a big difference! I still have drums all the way around so before I was practically standing on the brakes to stop. The conversion kit is fairly easy to install and will cost around $450 new.
I consists of a power booster, mounting braket, maser cylinder, and two brake lines. The P/B setup extends over the left wheel well, so if you have anyting there you might have to do some rearranging. I bought my kit from Wild Horses 4X4. Check Jeff's Bronco Graveyard to compare. Good Luck! vic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement