351M distributor? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford 97-current F-Series Trucks, Expedition, Excursion

Ford 97-current F-Series Trucks, Expedition, Excursion Discussion of all 1997 to current F-Series Trucks, Excursions and Expeditions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2001, 10:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 351M distributor?

I just bought a '79 F150 with the 351M. The timing is set at about 1 degree before tdc, and the distributor won't turn,it's stuck in the block. Any advice? also if I could get that distributor out, would it be worth doing some mods to the 351 without a rebuild? it doesn't burn oil and has good compression(125K). I just want a new cam,timing chain,headers,and distributor. Thanks

78 CJ5/360/33's
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2001, 12:34 PM
Old Hand

MY2ND78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 351M distributor?

The distributors always get stuck on these engines. A lot of penetrating oil (soak for a few days) and a lot of elbow grease should work it loose. Worst case scenario...you'll have to break it up to get it out and put a new one in.
There are a lot of little performance mods for the 351M/400. Go to ProjectBronco.com they'll tell you all you need to know about the 351M/400 (from experience...not just here say).

The trouble with being on top...You always have to look over your shoulder. The best never rest. Fear the FORD thunder!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-16-2001, 05:20 PM
Veteran

BRONCOMANIA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 351M distributor?

like MY2ND78 says, try soaking it good (blaster brand is my favorite). Its probably cause the O-ring is dry rotted to the block.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement