1997 Expedition Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 97-current F-Series Trucks, Expedition, Excursion Discussion of all 1997 to current F-Series Trucks, Excursions and Expeditions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:14 AM
Hunter B.

1997 Expedition Lift

I just got a 1997 expedition with a 5.4 in it. I want to get into offroading and I have been looking into getting it lifted. The problem is, with most of the sites I look at, all of the kits are for expeditions w/o the auto air suspension, mine has that... I couldn't find anything on skyjacker or rancho. I also google'd it and got nada. Any Ideas? Also, does anyone have any performance mods they reccomend?
Thanks,
Hunter B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 10:16 PM

Re: 1997 Expedition Lift

ok first things first. if you want to get into off-roadin i would recommend gettin like a crew cab pickup cuz i assume you have an suv for a reason, KIDS! but anyway lets deal with what you got. im pretty sure any lift kit for your vehicle will work. im pretty sure what you have is like the auto-ride in the chevy's. when they lift it they just removed those shocks and you no longer have that feature. shouldnt make to big of a difference.

now when you say performance mods what do you mean? are we talking 4-wheeling products or engine mods?

depending on how serious your gona get into wheelin i would recomend a locker and gears. if i had to choose between the two the locker would be the easy choice. its literally night and day. by far one of the best inventions ever.

for engine mods, **** theres so many. just look around on performace sites. most people these days get intakes, exhasut, and programmers. that is probably your best combination for power to dollar spent
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Stranger

Re: 1997 expedition lift

You have a few options to lift your expedition. It'll cost a couple hundred to do it right, but its better than $1,400.
Like you, I HAD air suspension. I bought a conversion kit from Suncore industries, for about $500.
If you still have the air suspension, then you can add spacers that are about $80 a set for the back, and crank the torsion bars in the front. (its recommended to use new torsion bar lift keys ($125) rather than simply cranking the bars. Then you got 2". Next option is a 3" body lift ($169). And after seeing a friend do this to his expedition, its a perfect height for a daily driver, but beast enough for some Mean mud pits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode