Warn manual hub conversion and brakes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2000, 11:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Warn manual hub conversion and brakes

I have an 89 Bronco with automatic locking hubs which I want to convert to manual hubs with the Warn kit. My truck also has the one piece disc brake rotor/ hub. Do I need to get the rotors that don't have the hub?

1989 Bronco 5.0 EFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 08:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Warn manual hub conversion and brakes

All you need are the Hubs, Warn Premiums woudld be the best. The same Rotors will work, make sure you get the conversion kit to switch from auto to manual hubs.

Good luck

Denver
94bronco
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 12:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Warn manual hub conversion and brakes

I've never heard of a one piece disc rotor and hub, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I know there were several different setups, but I thought they all used the same spicer hub and spindle and only were different on which rotor was used. All of the ones I've seen had the rotor pressed onto the hub.

I know the locking nuts are different and varied a couple of times in the 88 and 89 model years, but if you replace everything with a conversion kit it shouldn't matter, but I'm really not certain since you claim it has a one piece hub/rotor. Are you sure the rotor/hub is one piece and not just rusted and appearing to be one piece?

anyway, The date of Mfg for the front end is the tell tale indicator. This is one area a good ford parts counter person can be a real help. The microfilm is pretty accurate, but the counter person has to be diligent looking things up and reading the footnotes and exclusions based on month and year of the build. Early in the model year was a big hassle for 88s and they changed in august, and november of 87 for the 88 model year, and again 88 for the 89 model year. I know this because I have had the wrong parts special ordered by a less than diligent parts guy and waited for a week or so only to find it didn't fit. Find the parts counter guy who knows the most about late 80 ford 4x4 front axles and who is willing to tell you what you have. Find a time to go in when they aren't busy and have them look it up in the microfilm to be certain.

anyway, I'd go with the warn premium hub kit. I've had them on my past two rigs.

- Dan

99 4Runner (wifes grocery getter)
My Bronco is sold.
What trail rig will be next...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Banned

yeah i'm agree with it. just a have and it will work fine. make sure you choose the right have though.

Last edited by amath80; 11-16-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode