ticking!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

in trouble

hey everybody.. need a little help here.. i just bought me a 1977 f150 truck for about 2000 dollars....the guy said it was good.....it did run good so i bought it. had it for about a month now using it on weekends and after work.... finally tried it out for 3 days straight as my daily driver. it ran good but i noticed that the oil pressure was going up and down through out the day then on the last day it just dropped and now its making a ticking noise from the drivers side of the engine under the valve cover....... nursed it home with low pressure and parked it. now when i start it the pressure is good untill the truck gets warm then it drops again.. but the ticking is still there?? any thoughts..........

Also leaks oil from the exhaust headers front driver side rear on passenger and from the rear seal i think...
Also when i use the 4 wheel the passenger side wheel hub comes loose??
have to take it apart to tighten up the hub.......

The guy has moved out of state so im stuck with the truck.. dont get me wrong i like it and want to keep it so thats why im here ... so can anyone help me out here? i got pics on my page if anyones intrested...

Last edited by 1977f150; 08-25-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode