How many HP does the 351W have stock? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco

Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2005, 11:59 PM
baker6

Default How many HP does the 351W have stock?

i have a ford f150, with a 351, its a shortbed, and i have a 6" lift with 35x12.50. My gearing is a 4.10, or a 4.11, im not sure, but im thinking about lifting it 3" with a bodylift and putting 38" swampers on it, will the motor have enough HP to turn the tires, and will the gear ratio be good enough? I'm kinda new to the whole truck stuff, i used to be hardcore into tuners, saw a mud run and i've said screw the Japs ever since and have went for muscle. But yeah, what kinda HP does the motor have?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 03:07 PM
kemicalburns

Default Re: How many HP does the 351W have stock?

stock 215hp and 310trq. your gearing is even wrong with the current tires your running now. you will need to go with either 4.88 or 5.13 gears depending on type of use an type of tranny your running.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:37 PM
baker6

what is wrong with my gearing? what gears should i have for 38" tires? and how much would it cost to re-gear?
Old 07-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

BigNorm is an unknown quantity at this point

4.10s are OK for 35s. 4.56s is perfect. For 38s like he said 4.88s or 5.13s. I'm currently running 38s and 4.10s with a 351W and it's a dog. I'm just happy to have it moving again. Definately not a Daily Driver though.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
baker6

well, can you tell me what it would cost to have my truck regeared to say a 4.88?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Addict

DudeBud is an unknown quantity at this point

all depends on what year motor it is. 69 4V windsor made 290hp 385trq stock. im just guessing but to regear look to spend 1000-1500
Old 07-12-2005, 04:11 PM
kemicalburns

well it wouldnt be a 69 motor because that wasnt offered in a truck in those years only cars.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:52 AM
Addict

DudeBud is an unknown quantity at this point

well its not like it could be swapped in. anyways what year truck does he have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.