Bead sealer. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco

Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

BurnedBronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bead sealer.

guys give me mixed comment son the stuff. do you use it on your tires? i use it all the time. seems to help prevent crap from getting in the beads and from leaking air as easy. does make it so the bead break harder, but who cares right? anybody use it and have negative effects? (other than getting that nasty junk all over your tires and rims?)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2003, 11:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Bead sealer.

i work at a shop that does tire services.i found that tires with bead sealer were always alot harder to un-bead with the bead busting machine. bead sealer is mostly used on alumminum rims because they get pitted really easily. and it prevents small leakages around the rim. with that said... i used it on my steel rims. why not? the mess isnt really a problem... bead the tire and power wash the rest of the mess before it dries.. i was running my tires at 12psi yesterday on a rocky trail and i never lost my tires.
so i dunno if you plan to keep them at 32psi all the time i would definitally suggest using it, because you'll end up in the long run having to put less air in tires, but if your constanly deflating and inflating tires your tires i guess it wouldnt be needed, but if ya have it.. u might as well use it... its good stuff.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Mud in my Veins

muddybronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bead sealer.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
bead sealer is mostly used on alumminum rims because they get pitted really easily

[/ QUOTE ]
yep, the guy at Sears had to do this to mine because they were all leaking slowly, and one was more like quickly [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] 3 of them are holding air fine, while the 4th that was so fast is now a slow leak, but I have a feeling it might be due to a bad stem or possible a pinhole leak in the tire itself. I would use it because it will keep mud out of the bead, which is what caused them to start leaking anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement