insurance for lifted trucks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco

Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2002, 08:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default insurance for lifted trucks

I am going to add a 4" suspension lift and run 35" tires on my 1990 Bronco. Has anyone run into issues with their insurance company after a similar modification? We have virtualy no lift laws in TX so that won't be an issue. I only have liability insurance on this vehicle so the increased value will not be an issue. So, I assume that their concern will be the perceived notion that a lifted vehicle will do more damage then a non-lifted one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2002, 09:17 AM
Old Hand

86convert4wd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: insurance for lifted trucks

If jersey doesn't have a law pertaining to lifted truck and insurance i doubt Hitler would have imposed one. Jersey has a law or insurance clause for EVERYTHING. Trucks with snow plows are not covered by liability with the plow attached to the truck due to the fact that it is not part of the truck. I hate this state.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-19-2002, 09:22 AM
Addict

burntPiston is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, there is no issue regarding insurance for lifted trucks [yet]. Good luck with your lift!
Old 11-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Pooh-Bah

reptillikus is an unknown quantity at this point

From what ive read, theyll cover it, as long as you send them proof that its actually on the truck. I have every receipt for the mods ive done to my truck....one of these days im gonna get in touch with them and see if theyll cover it. Im kinda expecting them to want to raise the rate on it, which is why ive waited this long in the first place!
Old 11-19-2002, 03:36 PM
Addict

matteorr is an unknown quantity at this point

With my insurance, only the stock bronco is covered. Every mod I've done to it isn't covered one bit. I have the option of getting a policy on my mods too, but its all extra. So at this point, I would rather someone steal my truck than steal stuff from my truck.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

BurnedBronco is an unknown quantity at this point

mine got bumped up to the next higher price range with the mods on it. i figured i'd better show them this thing and not get screwed on it.
Zach
Old 11-19-2002, 06:56 PM
Pooh-Bah

reptillikus is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, thats what i was thinking. My only concern is how much more it would be, especially since nj loves to screw everyone. Perhaps i will have to call them and find out just how much more
Old 11-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Journeyman

DVLDOG458 is an unknown quantity at this point

I should really look into getting my insurance adjusted.
Last month some jackass made a left turn infront of me and i ran over the whole frontend of his Chevy car.It was pretty bad....both of his air bags went off and his radiator was leaking pretty bad.
Thank god the only thing that happened to my truck was a flat tire.And it turned out that he only popped the bead and the tire itself was undamaged.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:14 PM
froggy

Man that isnt fun. Nice truck by the way. Around here our insurance is goverened soley by the vehicle to start off with. Ive only ever been in one scratch and dent type deal. This guy was riding in my blind spot. It doesnt help with the 9 inches of lift and the 38's to see him. Anyway I went to change lanes and instead of him honking or slowing , he decided to speed up. Anyways sufice to say my tire rubbed his rear bumber ,bouncing him off like a ping pong ball. The mark rubbed right off and he went on his merry little way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement