Off Roading Forums banner

Diff Between a TTB D44 & TTB D50 ??

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  BurnedBronco 
#1 ·
Is there any visual difference between the two ? What is the exact difference between the 44 & 50 ? Thanks !

Jeff

#4 ·
Ya ok , I just came in from being underneath the truck and I dont see any 44 or 50 stamp on the chunk . Just the tag on the front that says some numbers ( cant read the top row) but the rest says EOTA - JE . I do have 8 lugs though

Jeff

PS. Muddy , glad to hear your rig is Mold free

G
#12 ·
Hi,
I have an '89 F250 HD, 8600GVW ( ie Heavy Duty ) package with a Leaf Sprung D44HD up front and a Ford 10.25 Full Floater Rear, both with 4.10's and limited slips.....wished I had opens so I could pop a lockright in.....

thanks,

Anthony

#13 ·
Uh. Guthrie. That isn't a bad setup you have there. If anything it's beefy and will take you to where you want to go! I don't know if I would go with a Lockright over what you have now. If you want to go fully locked then buy a whole new diff assy. A Detroit for the rear and an ARB, electric, or one of those new vacuum operated lockers from Germany is the way to go for up front. If you absolutely wanted to be locked f&r all the time then Detroits front and rear man. I may experiment with a lockright in the future but I wouldn't recomend it. NORM

#14 ·
the HD trucks have the D50's in them with the bigger D60 style hubs. i really doubt you have a limited grip up front stock, espically with that 5.7L motor you say you have.

#15 ·
I had a 44 HD im my F-250.The only way i could tell that is was a 44 was by the hubs.I had the little ones and when i went to the Dana 60 i had to buy the bigger ones for the Dana 50's and 60's.All my brake parts including the rotors all fit on the Dana 60....it worked out well.It was alot cheaper than i thought it was gonna be.

Hope this helps alittle.
Jerry D

#16 ·
If i get a bare dana 60 housing the knuckles from my 50 will fit right? What about my brake stuff from that. It has dual pistons. IF so that would cut down the cost of a Dana 60 swap by a HELL of a lot. Seems almost to good to be true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.