Diff Between a TTB D44 & TTB D50 ?? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco

Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

BigNorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ford Thinking?

Hey at least they gave us a cheap 8 lug option should we go bigger with the rear diff! Just swap the spindles and all the hardware on out from there and you got 8 lugs! I dunno if you have to change the caliper or if it is the same size as the HD version.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2002, 08:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Diff Between a TTB D44 & TTB D50 ??

Hi,
I have an '89 F250 HD, 8600GVW ( ie Heavy Duty ) package with a Leaf Sprung D44HD up front and a Ford 10.25 Full Floater Rear, both with 4.10's and limited slips.....wished I had opens so I could pop a lockright in.....

thanks,

Anthony
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Uh. Guthrie. That isn't a bad setup you have there. If anything it's beefy and will take you to where you want to go! I don't know if I would go with a Lockright over what you have now. If you want to go fully locked then buy a whole new diff assy. A Detroit for the rear and an ARB, electric, or one of those new vacuum operated lockers from Germany is the way to go for up front. If you absolutely wanted to be locked f&r all the time then Detroits front and rear man. I may experiment with a lockright in the future but I wouldn't recomend it. NORM
Old 11-18-2002, 09:04 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

BurnedBronco is an unknown quantity at this point

the HD trucks have the D50's in them with the bigger D60 style hubs. i really doubt you have a limited grip up front stock, espically with that 5.7L motor you say you have.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:56 AM
Journeyman

DVLDOG458 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a 44 HD im my F-250.The only way i could tell that is was a 44 was by the hubs.I had the little ones and when i went to the Dana 60 i had to buy the bigger ones for the Dana 50's and 60's.All my brake parts including the rotors all fit on the Dana 60....it worked out well.It was alot cheaper than i thought it was gonna be.

Hope this helps alittle.
Jerry D
Old 11-19-2002, 06:23 AM
Old Hand

86convert4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

If i get a bare dana 60 housing the knuckles from my 50 will fit right? What about my brake stuff from that. It has dual pistons. IF so that would cut down the cost of a Dana 60 swap by a HELL of a lot. Seems almost to good to be true.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Shilo

Sorry Norm, can't swap knuckles-out from D44 TTB to D44HD TTB. The ball joint spacing is different.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I thought I heard Burned say that you can swap the <font color="green">spindles </font color>on out. I know the knucks wont swap. Maybe he was refering to another HD D44. Please clarify if you can I know I have heard another way of swapping to 8 lugs withough having to use the Chevy Parts.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Pooh-Bah

reptillikus is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought that was for the solid D44, not the ttb
Old 11-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

BurnedBronco is an unknown quantity at this point

no, thats for solid axles, not the TTB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement