What are causes for a leaning tire? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Ford > Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco

Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2002, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast

TheBeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are causes for a leaning tire?

My dear fellow bronco owners, I have a question for you all. Both of my front tires lean inward, but my right tire leans in alot more than the left. the left is barely noticeable but the right is VERY noticable. Also when I turn the steering wheel the front right side of my truck goes up and down a couple inches as the tire turns. I put a jack under the right side of my front axle and jacked it up a little bit till the front end sat level, when I did this my tire appeared to not be leaning anymore but the front right suspension seemed lower then the left. I'm thinking the front right shock is out, but my cousin seems to think my bearings are shot because when I was leaving from his house he said the tire was wobbling slightly, whatever it is it also serverely affects my steering. Hope I didn't confuse you guys too badly with all that. What do ya'll think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2002, 07:54 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

BurnedBronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are causes for a leaning tire?

your shock wont affect that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Pooh-Bah

havack is an unknown quantity at this point

You can check your bearings by jacking up the truck and trying to wobble the wheel by pusing on the top and pulling on the bottom and vice-versa. If you have play then the bearings are probably bad or the ball joints. I would suggest you take the truck to Firestone and spend $109 for a lifetime alignment and go from there.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Mud in my Veins

muddybronco is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the fine print on that lifetime warranty? are there any non-morons working at those places, and can they handle 35's? nobody has been able to get my truck right yet and it's annoying and slightly dangerous.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:01 PM
Shilo

I think it's normal TTB antics. Seriously, could be sagging coil(s) or ball joints.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:20 PM
Mud in my Veins

Steve83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Coils, ball joints, wheel bearings, or alignment. Your shocks don't bear the weight of the truck OR maintain the front end alignment - ALL they do is damp the action of the springs.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:22 AM
Old Hand

lal357 is an unknown quantity at this point

will firestone do a lifted truck around here trying to get some to a alignment on my truck is like pulling your own teeth (it will hurt $$ and not done right )i found one place and he wanted 150 plus any parts and the garrantee ends when ya drive it off (becuase its a lifted 4x4)
Old 09-09-2002, 08:04 PM
Pooh-Bah

havack is an unknown quantity at this point

The Firestone I went too was pretty cool. I was right there while the guy did the alignment. Said it was harder to do a lifted truck but it was no problem. Basically...no hitches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement