Do you like your Optima Battery? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > Electrical & Wiring Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Mud in my Veins

DezertScorpion is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Do you like your Optima Battery?

Hi All,

Tell us what type of vehicle you have, modifications made and the type of Optima Battery used.

Why do you like it?

I'll start. I currently own a Dodge Mega Cab diesel that uses 2 Optima Batteries, red top. The truck has 5.9l Cummins diesel engine that needs massive cranking amps to start, especially in the winter. I have added a few aftermarket items that require additional juice, such as an an ride system, on-board compressor, CB, DVD/Entertainment and soon off-road lights and winch.

I have used Optima Batteries in my last three off-road trucks and hot rod. I love the fact that I get a solid source of power with no maintenance. I also don't have to worry about battery acid spilling all over the engine compartment or corrosion. I've been off-road in Baja, Nevada, Arizona, the Sierras and Moab with no problems.

Now it's your turn. Tell us your Optima story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

krabysniper is an unknown quantity at this point

73 Dodge Dart 360ci, I have a Red Top in that one, it is the style that has both top and side posts which allows for all sorts of neat wiring mods. Also have a 90 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l with a Red Top in that one also (again with top and side post), I own 2 other vehicles that when the original batteries fail I will be putting Red Tops into those also. Why? Because it truly is the best battery all around. I have forgot the stereo on in my Dart (because of how it's wired the stereo will stay on until you turn the deck off it-self, does not turn off with the ignition) for days and been able to start it with no worries. Forgot the interior light on in the jeep once for a day and a half in the winter no less, started up, no worries. They do not leak acid all over ruining battery tray, cable leads or connections, or any other part of the vehicle. And last, man do they last. The two I own are the 2nd and third I have purchased. The first one lasted for 11 1/2 years. And a buddy of mine who seriously abuses his batteries with winches and a huge stereo and lighting system has an Optima that is now 13 years old. They are the best, bar none.
F'n with my family, YOUR LIFE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:27 AM

mellg is on a distinguished road

I am happy with my 2005 dodge dakota slt's optima battery....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Novice

samsmith is on a distinguished road

i have 2 blue tops in my car and never had a problem.

Used custom motorcycles || Bikes for sale || Four Wheelers || Used trucks
Old 02-24-2013, 02:01 AM

SEI Motorsports is on a distinguished road
Default It still works

I've had the same optima in my truck for almost 5 years and the thing is still going strong. I'll never use anything else again.

SEI MOTORSPORTS
Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 PM

mudhead is on a distinguished road

Just installed a new optima batt for my truck after replacing my old optima batt after 6 years. I would say its a tough battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement