Maximum Lift Kit On A 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Dodge 4x4 vehicles

Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2000, 12:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Maximum Lift Kit On A 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4

Hey everyone. I have a 2000 dodge dakota. I'm getting a 3in body lift, but i see all these huge ram rollin around with like 12in of lift. I think they are bad ass. even if they dont get taken off road. I want to know what is the maximum custom suspension lift i should get on my truck after the 3in body lift. remember my truck is only a 1/2 ton. I'll be on road about 80% of the time. i also want to put my truck in a couple of shows though too. thanks everyone

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Extended Cab V8 4.7L 4x4
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2000, 06:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Maximum Lift Kit On A 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4

I've seen a 5" kit for them (for the IFS), but any higher (I'd think) and it's time for the cutting torch, welder, and making friends w/ someone who can make leaf springs. Sounds like a pain, but if you're gonna 'wheel it hard, you should consider the axles anyway, since any tire that's too big for 8" of lift will cause plenty of breakage with those IFS front axles.

The full sizes are easier to lift 'cause they have (simpler) solid axles in front, plus they are way overbuilt compared to a lot of similar stuff (my truck for instance, came with a Dana 60 front axle and a Dana 70 rear axle) - I won't shed any tears if I never have to take it all apart again... But I'm sure I will sooner or later.

V10, 39.5 Boggers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement