Bypassing Ignition Switch on 1979 Dodge Ramncharger - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Dodge 4x4 vehicles

Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Addict

wsmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bypassing Ignition Switch on 1979 Dodge Ramncharger

Have a 1979 Dodge Ram that is getting quite worn. I want to bypass the current ignition switch and be able to use toggle switches to control ignition, assecories, etc. Would use a push button or spring loaded toggle switch for the starter. I'm just not sure of waht wires (color) control what and what ones I souhld wire to what switches. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Apprentice

DODGEBOYS is on a distinguished road

l answered this on the RCC web site and posted the wiring diagram also
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Stranger

bigjagjohn is on a distinguished road

what is the RCC web site ? [I] would like to by pass ignition switch on 1980 Ford F-150.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Apprentice

howdy john / the RCC site is RamchargerCentral.Com - RamchargerCentral.Com - Index

if l had the wiring diagrams you needed l,d send them right out / but what l did find is a few links for you to check out / good luck

www.broncolinks.com
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Apprentice

Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Apprentice

ema is on a distinguished road

I saw this ignition wire set which you might be needing with your 1979 Dodge Ramcharger. There, I hope it helps. Oh, by the way, I managed to bump in a site that has a very detailed diagram although the one that Dodge posted is already great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement