changing a cv boot on a 05 1500 4x4 ram - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Dodge 4x4 vehicles

Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 10:32 PM
demello

Default changing a cv boot on a 05 1500 4x4 ram

I tried not to post, I did a complete search for an hour and found nothing on this.

I'm just looking for the down and dirty on how to swap out a cv boot on a 05 1500 Ram.

Is it like most cv joints where you pull the main nut on the wheel, pop loose the upper or lower ball joint and pop the cv out of the axle housing?

Please don't tell me there is a c clip or anything in that houseing holding the axle from coming out?

Please help answer my question!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2005, 02:42 AM
Journeyman

RemyDodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: changing a cv boot on a 05 1500 4x4 ram

why do you have to replace the boot already? Isnt the truck still under the 7/70 warranty?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

trd03Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: changing a cv boot on a 05 1500 4x4 ram

Hey dem whats up? So you bought an 05 too. cool,are you going to lift it? Im looking for a mild lift for my 05 diesel quad cab 4x4, so how are the TTORA runs goin? Later gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement