NO IFS Petition - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Dodge 4x4 vehicles

Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2003, 10:25 PM
soundwve

Default NO IFS Petition

Finally, a petition to stop the spread of IFS-mania in DaimlerChrysler's Detriot office. Help us keep the Ram 2500 3/4 ton and the 3500 1 ton from going IFS!

CLICH HERE NOW to stop the spread of Inferior Front Suspension!!

We need all the help we can get! Thank You for your help!

[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2003, 09:34 PM

superswamper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NO IFS Petition

I thought they were keeping the solid front axles???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-22-2003, 03:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nice work there for keeping solid axles on the Rams.
I own the last year of the solid axle Ram 1500 (OffRoad Edition).
Disgusting that full size trucks should have to go IFS.
Perfectly OK for Jeeps though.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Mud in my Veins

AJMBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I thought they were keeping the solid front axles???

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he knows something we don't, I can't see DC spending a lot of money to design an IFS to go under the 2500 and up trucks, when they just signed a new contract with AAM Co to put their solid axles under the front. Especially considering that 9.25" front axle is brand new, only application used is the 03+ Ram 2500's and 3500's.

It does suck that Dodge went to IFS for the half tons. Their D44's aren't the greatest with CAD, multipeice axle shafts, vacuum lines, and the wonderful unitized hub/bearings, but they are better than IFS any day. Oh well, guess I'll have to buy a Super Duty as my next new fullsize. D60 with manual hubs............mmmmmmmmm................... [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Enthusiast

JCC is an unknown quantity at this point

I place a lot of blame on the 4x4 magazines for everbody going to IFS. I had a 2001 1500 Off Road and I loved it (except the mileage). Of course I think a truck should ride and drive like a TRUCK. In all the 4x4 of the year test for the last few years all you read is how this or that truck drove like a car. They all talk how beefy solid axles are and how wimpy IFS is, but Oh that new truck feels so Plush on and off the road. Did they praise the last 1/2 ton Dodge? NO, because it rode and drove like a TRUCK.
In 4x4 &amp; Off Road this year the Dodge could have won if they had not split the points up between the 2500, 3500. I mean one got more points because it had the best interior. Last time I looked they were the same. What did they pick, A Dang Lexus. You can almost compare them to Consumer Reports. JCC [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement