2001 Dodge 2500 drum brakes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Dodge 4x4 vehicles

Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2002, 03:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 2001 Dodge 2500 drum brakes

I am trying to check the rear brake shoes but I cannot remove the drum. Does anyone know an easy way of getting it off?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2002, 10:57 PM
Mud in my Veins

muddybronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2001 Dodge 2500 drum brakes

the shoes have probably worn a groove into the drum. the easiest way is to use two flathead screwdrivers to loosen the auto-adjustor, then they will just pull off. it's kinda tricky, but a Haynes manual will show you how.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-2002, 01:40 AM
SHOTGUN

You have drum brakes on a '01 2500 Ram?!?!?!? [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

To my knowledge dodge changed to 4-corner disc's in '00 and hadn't went back yet.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:40 PM
mikrosilakhan

mines drum to..... Actualy when i noticed i was pretty PO'd almost 30 thousand dollars it never even crossed my mind it would have a set of drums on it... Theres about 5 things with my truck that tick me off to the point i htink im gonana sell it

Such as anyone have the factory tint??? WHats this permanet water spot crap on them? it looks liek dog crap.

My .02 cents on the common auto tranny failure has nothing to do with the trannys strenth.. It just shifts way to damm early! Ill be gettin ready to pull a monster hill so i stomp on it and it just shifts up and gos "thoooooooomp" in the intake.. I completley run with my OD off now unless i hit a major highway. It says in the manual it wont come on till 45 i think? well how come in town im doin 25.... and its on OD?
Old 06-14-2002, 09:01 PM

superswamper is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had mine stuck on pretty good and it came off from an air hammer but a regular hammer also will loosen them up. They stick around the center of the axle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement