Off Roading Forums banner

Imogene Pass July 18th, 2014 – 8th Annual FJ Summit Event

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 ·
Imogene Pass July 18th, 2014 - 8th Annual FJ Summit Event

If you like water crossings and waterfalls this is the trail for you. We were lucky to be on this trail during a high runoff time which gave us the opportunity to see a plethora of gorgeous sparkling waterfalls.

During our ride, we made a brief stop at Camp Bird Mine where our trail guide Robert told us about finding a real gold nugget a couple of years ago. This had most of the group looking feverishly at the ground but I could not take my eyes off the gigantic lush mountains that surrounded us.

Reluctantly, we headed off along the snow lined trail with a brief stop at Lookout Rock where those with an adventurous spirit could pull out onto the huge flat rock that overhangs a dramatic drop off.

Back on the trail we topped out at the mail box at Imogene Pass which is 13,114 feet high. The panoramic views into Telluride are incredible as we head down the steep narrow switchbacks to the bottom.

Click for additional photos:

Day 3 Photo Album

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.