Off Roading Forums banner

Medaglias Race To Podiums In Canada

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  writeforus 
#1 ·
Team Suzuki Press Office - July 22.

Tyler and Jeremy Medaglia put Team Suzuki Rockstar Energy OTSFF on the podium at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton, Canada at the CMRC Motocross Nationals Tour and round six of the nine-round series.

The Ontario brothers claimed third overall in the MX1 and MX2 title chases respectively. Tyler cleared the task with 4-3 motos; Jeremy recorded 2-6 motos.

While it was an excellent weekend for the Medaglias and Mitch Cooke, who carded his best finish in the MX1 series to date with seventh overall, it was a disaster for fourth team member Brady Sheren: The Surrey native saw his season end in the second moto after he hit a downed rider's bike, crashed, and broke a bone in his hand.

In the first MX1 moto, Medaglia stormed out of the gate aboard his potent RM-Z450 EFI to claim the holeshot with his team mate Cooke three positions behind him. Both riders would succumb to a few errors, however, that saw Medaglia battle to remain in the top five and Cooke finish eighth after recovering from a crash. Sheren, who started in 15th place, claimed 13th at the chequered flag.

Medaglia delivered another holeshot at the start of moto two, this time leading the pack for three laps until he was passed by first moto winner Colt Facciotti. One lap later, Facciotti's team mate Blair Morgan also managed to get by Medaglia. With an overall podium finish on the line, Medaglia settled into third, keeping that position till the end of the race.

"I felt good this weekend and my bike ran good, but I just wasn't able to put it together," said Medaglia. "I didn't want to push too hard because my goal was to stay upright and finish in the points. I knew I was losing ground to Colt so my main concern was to not lose too much ground and remain in contention for the title"

Meanwhile, Cooke who started within the top 10 rode to an eight place finish; a position he maintained from lap four till the flag.

"Edmonton was definitely a step up for me. My RM-Z450 hasn't let me down but I struggled to race at competition speed in the first five rounds," said Cooke. "I feel that I've put that behind me now and I'm looking forward to racing my home track and the other two remaining eastern rounds. It's my intention to end up with a single-digit plate for next season."

While Medaglia slipped from first place in the rankings to second, trailing new points leader Facciotti by 11 points. Cooke moved ahead one notch to now command 10th place.

In MX2 action, despite hurting his knee and shoulder during qualifying, Jeremy Medaglia rebounded from an 'off' weekend at round five to clash with the front runners in the first moto. He improved a fourth place start into second place by the half-way mark, keeping it till the finish line. Undaunted by a collision with the American Teddy Maier at the start of moto two while in position for the holeshot, Medaglia ran a cool, calm, and calculated race to claw his way from 20th place to a sixth place finish.

"I was a little sore all day Sunday and tangling with Teddy in the first corner didn't help," said Medaglia. "By the time I made it to sixth I was pretty well done. The way the moto was going, I knew that if I could stay in sixth, I would take third overall. Taking everything in consideration it was a good weekend."

In the Suzuki Women's Series, team rider Jocelyn Killough ran a bit off the pace, claiming sixth overall on the strength of 6-6 moto results.

"I couldn't find the right rhythm today," said Killough. "It was just one of those days. I came to Edmonton totally confident that I would keep building on my second place in the points standings but it just wasn't meant to be."

Team Suzuki Rockstar Energy OTSFF Sports Marketing Group Canada congratulates Tyler and Jeremy for their podium finishes, and Mitch, Brady, Jocelyn and the entire team for their hard work at Castrol Raceway.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.