Off Roading Forums banner

Rich Caselli Passes Away

4K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  writeforus 
#1 ·
[News from WORCS Racing]

It was announced today that we have lost Rich Caselli to a silent battle with cancer. Most of us know Rich as the father of arguably America's best off road racer (Kurt Caselli) and as a true supporter of our sport. Rich always supported the American off-road dream and it was evident by the legacy he has left. No matter if you stood beside him or on the other side of the fence you could not argue his belief in the American off-road racer.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Caselli family. For me, it is the foundation he laid along his path of life that will be his greatest achievment. God speed.

Sean Reddish- WORCS

#2 · (Edited)
Letter from Kurt Caselli, re: Father's Passing

WORCS received this letter from Kurt Caselli this morning

It is with great sorrow that I am writing this letter on behalf of myself and my family. With the loss of my father things are definitely different in my life and in so many others. It wasn't until now that I realized how many people and hearts my dad has touched. He was a loving father on and off the track and a true enthusiast of motorcycle racing. I lived by his side listening and learning only to dream of being the man and father he was to my sister and I. My mother is the strength that held all of us together and in her loss I am stepping in to try and fill the shoes my dad has left. The past few months, though sick, my dad was working on getting this year's ISDE team up to par and supported to its fullest. In his memory and his dreams I am doing what he couldn't finish. Although he won't be able to be by my side at this year's ISDE, myself and my teammates will hold our country's flag proudly, and I hope my father's name will be held in the hearts that he has touched.

Kurt Caselli: WORCS National Bike Champion

* In leu of flowers and cards, Kurt's family has requested that all donations and proceeds be made to the 2008 Team USA ISDE Trophy team in honor of Rich Caselli's dream. Kurt has set up a paypal account or if you would like you can mail a check, made payable to Caselli Racing to the following family address.

Paypal: kcn1a@aol.com or mail donations to Caselli Racing: 1245 Coventry Pl. Palmdale, Ca 93551.

Jason Reed: WORCS Racing

Attachments

#3 ·
Press Release: Rich Caselli Memorial Ride Day

Gorman, Ca: 7/6/08: This Saturday, July 12th at Gorman Motocross track, Rich Caselli will take his final lap and the checkered flag! Come celebrate his life, support his 2008 ISDE Team, and enjoy free food with his family and friends. The track opens at 9am with normal gate fee for those who want to ride an open track and free admission to all others. Rich will ride one final lap and take the checkered flag at 10:30 and the bench racing and BBQ will start at 12. Rich's Trophy Team will be in full force and accepting any donations. The riders in attendance will include Nathan Woods, Destry Abbott, Ricky Dietrich, Jimmy Jarrett, Kurt Caselli and David Kamo. Rich was a humble man with a big heart that loved to see people smile and would only want to see his friends and family enjoy his life and the time he shared with all of us.

For more on I-5 MX at Gorman and directions to the facility, please visit I-5 MX Home. If you are unable to attend and would like to make a contribution in Rich Caselli's name, you can donate via paypal to the following address kcn1a@aol.com or send a check to the following address:

Caselli Racing
1245 Coventry Pl.
Palmdale, Ca 93551

All donations and proceeds will go toward funding this years ISDE team who will be going to Greece in September…

For more on the 2008 ISDE USA team, please visit International Six Days Enduro 2008 - Official Site

Kurt has mentioned numerous times that he appreciates all that have shown concern through this difficult time and he is blessed to have so many friends in the industry to help him through this time in his life.

Jason Reed
WORCS Racing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.