Honda XR80 head on a XR100 problems!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Dirtbikes and Off-Road Motorcycles > Dirtbike Performance and Tech

Dirtbike Performance and Tech Wrench on it and make it faster - Or just get it to start.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 09:35 AM

davearl46 is on a distinguished road
Default Honda XR80 head on a XR100 problems!!

Got this '97 Honda XR100 on the cheap, but it was a smoker!! The cam journals were toast and I had an 80's XR80 head in a lot better shape!! I am sure, from what I've read, that they're compatible!! Problem is, I put a 120cc kit on her because it would have taken a bore job anyways, and now I don't have any compression, or very little!! Rings are right, I tore it down and checked!! I can crank the kick start with my hand!! That's not right!! Should I go ahead and lap the valves!! Valves are new and fit real tight!! It's timed to the tee and valves are set to spec! Was just wondering if XR80 head won't work with the 120cc kit?? If that's the case, I'll have to have the 100 head repaired!! Does anyone know where to get the head repaired?? There was a listing on eBay where they would fix the head and even made it to where you could replace the bearings! Can't find it now!! Oh well, that's my pickle!! Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement